Thursday, January 5, 2012

Writing

Have you ever noticed that typing doesn't have the same cathartic effect that actually putting a pen to paper does. I was cleaning out my closets ( I will blog all about that soon!) and I found my journal from when I was in high school. Is high school two words??? My computer just auto corrected it, so don't judge me if it's not ;). Anyway, without even reading the words on the page I could tell how I had been feeling at each entry just by the way that my handwriting looked. I don't want to brag, well maybe a little, but I have amazing penmanship. It comes from writing massive amounts of letters and essays, but that is a very long story. I could feel the pressure that I had used with my pen by touching the pages. I also found a journal that my dad had kept. It was just a small journal all about hunting, mostly a log of what he had conquered! It was strangely nostalgic however to know that he had used his massive hands to form each letter and write each word. He did not have excellent penmanship, or grammar for that matter, but it was so endearing because of it's authenticity. I don't think that you can get that from a typed paragraph. I think that I am going to try keeping a journal again. Maybe someday Gabe can look back at the days my life and feel connected to me in a way that nothing else will give him. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment